When it comes to skincare, the French know best. If you are serious about skincare do it the Parisian way.
Parisian beauty is envied by all and followed by many. But what is their secret to stand out skincare? If you were to stroll through the idyllic streets of Paris you wouldn’t help but notice the striking beauty of the native Parisians. Flawless skin, unfussed hair and minimal makeup, and isn’t this something we would all like to achieve?
The mantra ‘less is more’ is at the forefront of Parisian beauty, they are smart about the balance of their makeup and rather than wearing heavy makeup usually opt for wearing glowing, dewy skin, perhaps with a natural flirty eye and a bold red lip. They keep it simple, natural and beautiful. If you want to do it the Parisian way you need to embrace your skin and flaunt it but more importantly look after it, with good skincare and regular facials.
It is common for the French to visit their spa or salon every 6 weeks as an essential for their health. It is an innate part of their lifestyle, like we visit the doctors and dentists regularly, they visit their beauty therapist as a part of their essential well-being. It’s not deemed a luxury it is deemed a necessity in order to keep their skin in good health and looking flawless.
Their mentality on skincare and beauty treatments is drastically different to ours in the UK, and it is certainly something we need to learn from.
At LOFT we have teamed up with award winning French Skincare brand, Caudalie. Caudalie and ourselves have been able to observe that the effectiveness of a one-hour facial or beauty treatment is incomparably more effective than merely applying a cream or serum. It is thus, to great benefit to women (and men), that Caudalie have entrusted us with their exclusive beauty care methods, skincare product lines and facial techniques and knowledge. We will always stay true to Caudalies’ French roots by offering repeat facials every 6 weeks, to achieve maximum results and keep your skin in check.
Here are some things we know about the French and their Skincare:
1. They take skincare seriously. They are meticulous about their skincare routines and appointments at their salon.
2. They start using the right skincare from an early age, as a preventative method, rather than a panic cure, like we are known to do in the UK.
3. They always choose skincare over makeup – and that is their secret they enhance their beauty instead of covering it up.
4. Like we know to brush our teeth twice a day, they know to exfoliate and mask twice a week and cleanse, tone and moisturise twice daily. If you are a skincare novice there are simple routines you can try out first.
5. The French are seriously strict about their sun care. They would rather get their glow from a bottle than risk the harmful effect of UV rays and the counterproductive impact it will have on their skin health and appearance.
6. Water is like royalty. They know the importance of staying hydrated and keeping their skin hydrated. Caudalie have a super quick spray hydrator for hydration on the go.
7. The French trust their Beauty Therapist as they would their General Practitioner. If their therapist suggests they change their routine, treatment plan or aftercare products, they do it. As trained Caudalie Vinotherapists we have the knowledge to do each individual an in-depth skin diagnosis and provide a bespoke prescription for your needs. The trust between client and therapist develops as proven, visible results are seen.
For one of Caudalies’ most powerful facials we suggest –
RESVERATROL LIFT; Specially created for skin that lacks vitality and firmness. After your skin is gently cleansed, a stimulating modelage visibly firms and redefines the contours of your face. The application of a warming mask enhances the lifting effect of Caudalie’s Resveratrol Lift products. The firming and lifting effects are immediate, your face is resculpted and radiant with youth.
A LITTLE ABOUT OUR URBAN SPA BASED IN THE HEART OF FULWOOD
Our friendly highly skilled team are ready to welcome you. Offering exceptional service and first-class treatments in Caudalie Vinotherapies, GELeration polishes, manicures and pedicures from Jessica, acrylic nails, brow treatments, advanced waxing and warm oil massage to name just a few.
We even hold regular aesthetics clinics with our resident nurse, offering anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, dermaplaning, microneedling and dragon’s blood facials.
Indulge in one of our complimentary refreshments whilst you immerse yourself in relaxation. Leave feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and recharged, because we believe that the secret to enhancing your external beauty begins with your internal wellness. Feel beautiful, be beautiful, look beautiful.